Architectural Design Staff
Backen & Gillam Architects is an internationally recognized design firm known for spaces such as Sundance Mountain Resort, Esperanza Resort, Promontory Winery, the Restoration Hardware Gallery stores (created within iconic buildings in Boston, Chicago, & New York City) and numerous celebrity and high-profile client residences (as recently featured in the June 2021 issue of Architectural Digest.) The bestselling architecture and design book, From the Land, published by Rizzoli, illustrates many of the firm’s projects. BG Architects has offices in Sausalito, St. Helena and Montecito, California.
BG Architects is currently looking for candidates, for all of its offices, who are self-starting individuals, share a drive for creating great work in a collaborative environment, and seek to balance the art and science of architecture.
Although BG Architect’s staff is currently working remotely, we expect that when it is safe to transition from remote work to working in a shared office environment, candidates will be able to have a physical presence at one of BG Architect’s office locations on a flexible basis.
Applicants must show experience and interest in all aspects of the design and construction process and look forward to being part of an enthusiastic team. BG Architects is accepting applications for architectural staff with a minimum of three years through twenty plus years of experience in varying project types, ranging from large scale custom residential to high end commercial, winery or hospitality experience.
Applicants must have 3 to 20+ years of strong design and/or technical experience in a professional setting. Applicants must also be comfortable working directly with senior staff in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a strong aptitude in the following areas:
• REVIT and AutoCAD
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Design and technical detailing
• Construction Documentation experience
• Lumion visualization capabilities (a plus)
• Dexterity with hand drawing capabilities (a plus)
• Working within a collaborative team
Please e-mail your resume and portfolio with examples of technical documentation in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt, we will review and contact you should your qualifications meet our staffing needs. No phone calls please.
BG Architects provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Backen & Gillam Architects is seeking an Administrative Assistant for its office located in Montecito. This person will be an Administrative Assistant to the Principal Architect (CEO) and CSO, as well as a liaison to clients, managers, staff, and service providers.
Primary Duties Include:
• Assist with printing and scanning.
• Setup and preparation for CEO / CSO meetings with clients, consultants, and staff, in-person or via Zoom.
• Organize and maintain cleanliness in communal office and CEO’s / CSO’s private offices.
• Front desk reception: answer phone, welcome clients / visitors in-person, receive and distribute incoming mail and packages.
• Procure lunch on a daily basis for CEO / CSO and clients / guests as needed.
• Internal coordination and scheduling with staff.
• Basic computer / equipment maintenance and coordination with IT for routine software and machine updates.
• Navigate and troubleshoot all apps on CEO / CSO phones, as needed.
• Upload project photos to Project Drive and distribute to appropriate Project Managers, print hardcopies for CEO upon request.
• Generate and maintain office opening and closing checklists, office supply inventory checklists, and CEO travel bag check list.
• Order and stock office supplies.
• Drive CEO to / from project site meetings, remain on site for duration of meeting, and take site photos.
• Pull project images and site plans upon request.
• Update marketing book supplements.
• Coordinate with housekeeper regarding cleaning supply inventory; order supplies upon housecleaner notification.
• Coordinate with Landlord and Executive Assistants regarding the scheduling of service providers for repairs or installations.
• Execute personal errands upon request.
• Collaborate with Executive Assistants regarding coordination of personal activities for CEO and CSO.
• Coordination of personal purchases and deliveries for CEO and CSO.
Skills and Abilities:
• Performs well in a fast-paced environment and situations that are sensitive.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Team worker and able to work on own initiative.
• Able to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize tasks.
• Excellent understanding of organizational processes and office protocol.
• High proficiency in MS Outlook and Office 2013 or higher (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.)
• Proven ability to create reports using Excel.
• Able to discern the details of situations / information that is highly confidential or of a critical nature and maintain discretion and professionalism at all times.
• Apt in problem solving, fact-finding and drawing valid conclusions.
• Possesses a careful, detail-oriented, “roll-up-your-sleeves” mentality.
• Excellent follow-through on open or unresolved items.
Aptitude and Disposition:
• Approachable and proactive.
• Outcome focused, flexible and enthusiastic.
• A “people person” who enjoys providing excellent service and hospitality.
• Completes work in a timely and thoughtful manner.
Please e-mail your resume in PDF format to email@example.com. Upon receipt, we will review and contact you should your qualifications meet our staffing needs. No phone calls please.
We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.